Office: Avon, CT & Estero, FL
Position: Architect – President
Office : 860-673-9529 x233
Richard P. Goldberg, AIA, CSI, NCARB is an Architect and President of Professional Consultants International and PROCON Consulting Architects, Inc, both building design and construction consulting companies. Mr. Goldberg is a technical and forensic architect, responsible for managing and providing technical consultations to architects, contractors, building owners, product manufacturers, insurers, accountants and attorneys. He specializes in architectural practice issues and exterior building envelope systems, with sub-specialties in glass, concrete, ceramic tile, stone, terrazzo and masonry applications. Mr. Goldberg is involved in all phases of a building project, from research and design development, to construction monitoring, forensic investigations and litigation support.
Mr. Goldberg has over 37 years of architectural and construction industry experience. An Architect by training, Mr. Goldberg was in general private practice of architecture as a licensed architect prior to specialization as a technical and forensic architect. Prior to forming Professional Consultants International, Mr. Goldberg served as the Director of the Technical Service Division of Laticrete International, a global manufacturer of products for the concrete, tile and stone industries with 18 locations worldwide.
Education, Professional Licenses & Affiliations:
- Bachelor of Science in Building Sciences Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute,Troy, NY 1977
- Bachelor of Architecture, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY 1979
- American Institute of Architects AIA Scholastic Medal & Henry Adams Merit Award, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institure Troy NY, 1979
- Continuing Professional education Harvard University Graduate School of Design and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards NCARB certification #30388
- Registered Architect in the U.S. in multiple states, (CT, NJ, NY, FL)
- Professional member of the American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Professional member Construction Specifications Institute (CSI)
- National Tile Contractor’s Association (NTCA) Recognized Industry Consultant
- NTCA Ring of Honor Lifetime Achievement Award – 2014.
- Past President Hartford, CT Chapter Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) 2005
- Author of numerous technical articles and books published worldwide; most recent book titled “Direct Adhered Ceramic Tile & Stone Facades”. This book is considered the authoritative text on this emerging exterior building envelope technology
- Trade association appointments – Tile Council of North America (TCNA), National Tile Contractors Association (NTCA) Technical Committees, ANSI A108 Ceramic Tile Standards Committee, International Standards ISO Technical Advisory Group (TAG) 189 Ceramic Tile
- Trade speaking engagements – COVERINGS / International Tile & Stone, Brick Industry Forum, , QUALICER (Spain), CERSAIE( Italy, IMI Masonry Day, Building Enclosure Council BEC, Construction Specifications Institure (CSI)